Monday, March 12, 2012

Five-year anniversary

This weekend, Frank and I celebrated five years of marriage. Wow, I cannot believe it has already been five years! Nana and grandpa babysat Frankie so that we could enjoy a fabulous, much-needed night away. I am not going to lie: this has been a tough year for us. Between two job changes, grad school, air force, a bunch of traveling, and a very active and demanding toddler, we have not had as much couple time as we used to. We have a tradition of traveling to celebrate our anniversary (1: Costa Rica, 2: London, 3: South Africa/Zambia/Mauritius, 4: Park City, Utah), but since we just got back from my big birthday trip, we decided to stay close to home. Frank came up with the idea of staying at the Houstonian, which is where we spent our wedding night. I thought that was incredibly romantic, and we really enjoyed reminiscing about our wedding day. We went to dinner at Del Friscos, which we loved, and I had the best calamari I have ever had in my entire life! It was a wonderful evening away, and we are so thankful to Nana and Grandpa and Aunt Barbara for taking care of our sweet little boy while we were gone.

I love my husband so much, and I am so proud of him for all of his hard work and for how great of a father he is to Frankie. We have accomplished so much in these first five years, and we are exactly where we want to be. I am so proud of the home we have built, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for our family. Happy Anniversary babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment