Monday, June 4, 2012

I could be an M.D.

Frankie is sick with hand-foot-mouth (again).  He has now had it a grand total of three times, although this is the first time we have had it confirmed by the doctor.  I was confident that this is what he had, because at this point, I feel like I am becoming an expert at diagnosing symptoms.  Poor little guy woke up with a burning fever yesterday morning and he was clingy, fussy, and lethargic for most of the morning.  He also refused to eat and cried a lot while eating.  After he got some ibuprofen into his system, he was much happier.  I decided to go into work today, but right after he woke up, Denise called me and I could hear him screaming and crying "Mama!" in the background.  When he is sick, he just wants his Mama.  I immediately left work (I am SO THANKFUL for a job that is flexible and understands these types of situations) and came home.  He was already doing much better by the time I got there, but he woke up from his nap today with another fever, so we decided to take him in to make sure he did not have an infection.  We took him out to dinner after his doctor's appointment, and he did so well!  He ate his food, laughed, and was so happy--you would never know he was sick.  I hope he gets well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment