Last weekend we drove to Houston to visit Nana and Papa. We got to swim in their updated pool and spend lots of time catching up and hanging out. Frank took Frankie fishing with his friend Keith and their family on Saturday. Unfortunately, they did not catch any fish! Papa got Frankie some little golf clubs and we tried to teach him how to use them. My grandparents came over for dinner on Saturday night, and it was so nice to see them. I am trying to treasure every moment we get to spend with my grandparents, because they are getting older and it is impossible to know how much longer they will be here with us.
Lily is talking up a storm these days. She is starting to put together sentences, even though the words may not always be in the correct order (e.g., iPad, Lily have it!). She is running, jumping, and trying to swim. She basically wants to do everything her brother does! They are forming the most incredible relationship, and I love to watch it blossom. They can actually play together unattended now for decent stretches of time, which is so nice.
We have planned a quick end-of-summer vacation at the end of August to San Antonio to take the kids to Sea World and enjoy a few days in the Hill Country. Frankie is obsessed with sharks and alligators right now, so I know he will absolutely love it. I have a big trial in August for work, so I am going to be ready for a little break once that is done. Work has been relatively slow this summer, but it is going to quickly pick up speed over the next month. I am still loving my job, and I am so thankful for finding a place that suits me well.
Frank is gearing up for his big 40th birthday trip to Vegas over labor day weekend. I am sure they will have a blast.




No comments:
Post a Comment