Friday, February 19, 2016

NYC trip [very belated post!]

Frank and I spent a whirlwind two days/two nights in New York City this week on an impromptu adults-only vacation.  We got super cheap plane tickets on Southwest, so we decided to go for it.  Frank and I have both been to NYC several times, but we have never been together, and neither of us had been in several years.  We stayed at a nice boutique hotel called the Library which was really conveniently located and had a lot of great amenities, including a wine/cheese cocktail hour, complimentary breakfast, and amazing coffee/lattes available all day.  Our first day we just enjoyed exploring the city, strolling from Bryant Park all along Fifth Avenue, shopping, drinking coffee, and enjoying our time together.  We took a carriage ride through Central Park, saw the big tree in Rockefeller Center, and took in all the amazing decorations at Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, and other NYC stores.  That night we met up with Frank's sister Ariela and enjoyed a nice italian dinner.  The next day we woke up bright and early (no relaxing on this trip!) and headed to Battery Park to catch a ferry out to the Statue of Liberty!  This was on Frank's bucket list, and I was excited to share the experience with him, even though I had already been there once as a child.  We enjoyed the ferry ride and our time with Lady Liberty before heading over to Ellis Island and exploring the immigration museum.  I will be honest, I was about history-ed out at this point, but Frank really wanted to explore the whole museum so we stuck around for quite awhile before heading back to Manhattan.  We were STARVING when we returned, so we found a little cafe and enjoyed some delicious NY pizza.  We strolled along Wall Street before making our way to the 9/11 museum and memorial.  I was actually in NYC on 9/10, the day before the 9/11 attacks, with one of my ex-boyfriends, and neither Frank nor I had been to ground zero since the 9/11 attacks.  Frank was very emotional at the memorial and did not even want to go in the museum, but I convinced him to go, and I am so glad we did.  It was a wonderful museum - probably the best museum I have ever been to.  I loved the way it was laid out, and it was really cool (although also very emotional) to re-live that day.  We went out to a big fancy dinner at Tavern on the Green and had one of the best meals of our lives.  It was a gorgeous restaurant, and it was so pretty all decked out for Christmas.  We really had a wonderful trip!  It was great to take time to reconnect with my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment