Today I was blessed to be able to spend my first Mother's Day with my own amazing mother and with my sweet little boy. I was sad that Frank was not able to be here to help us celebrate, but I am glad that I came down to Houston to celebrate with my family. We also got to see my grandparents, and Frankie's great grandparents, on Saturday night, which was very special. This past six months have absolutely changed my life. I used to identify myself as a lawyer, a wife, a friend, a runner, a shopoholic...so many different labels. Now, first and foremost, I am a mother. And it is more than just a title, it is a bond that I share with every other mother in the world. It is the most important hat I wear, and it is the most important job I will ever have. I absolutely love my son, and being a mother is the greatest gift that God has ever given me. It has made me appreciate my own mother so much more, and in so many ways that I simply could not know before I came a mother myself. Cheers to all of the wonderful mothers in my life!beautiful flowers from my sweet little boy (aka Nana and Grandpa)


No comments:
Post a Comment