Sunday, October 7, 2012

Catching up...

This has been a really busy month for me, so I have not been posting as much as normal.  One of the other associates left our firm, so work has been crazy busy and I have been pretty consumed by that.  Frankie was also sick this week with a nasty stomach virus.  But, we did maange to sneak some fun in too.  A couple of weeks ago we went to Houston to visit my parents and start planning Monte's golf tournament.  We took Frankie to a couple of cool playgrounds, and I got to meet up with my friends Diana and Lindsey for lunch and champagne. 

Last weekend we took Frankie to the Texas State Fair!  We went on a really rainy day, and we were there right during Frankie's normal nap time, so it was a recipe for disaster.  Somehow we managed to avoid a meltdown and have a great time.  He loved riding rides, eating (a corndog and a fried PB&J), and looking at all of the animals.  We tried a ton of fried food (way too much) and had a great time.

We also traded in my car last weekend and bought a new Cadillac. I am absolutely in love with it.  Not only do I love the way it looks, but I love driving it too.  I have to give a shout out to my sweet husband on this one...it took him two years to convince me that we should buy a new car for him, but he pretty much let me get whatever I wanted on this car, and I am so thankful for that.  I have been working really hard, so we decided I deserve it :) 

This weekend we were all set to go to Llano to a friends' birthday party, but Frankie had this terrible stomach bug and we did not want to risk him throwing up in the car on the drive down there or getting everyone sick.  So, we spent a pretty low-key weekend at home.  It has been getting chilly in Dallas this week, which I am SO excited about.  Hello, Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment