Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Houston with my parents, grandparents, Allison, Steve, and Frank's sister Stella.  It was a (mostly) wonderful weekend.  We headed out of town on Wednesday afternoon, and we had a wonderfully horrible drive to Houston as usual.  Every time we make that drive I tell my parents it is the last time we are coming down there because I really hate it that much.  The kids were not even bad--it is just a horrible drive no matter what, and by the time we get to my parents' house I am always super stressed out.  On Thursday we had a wonderful huge feast and lots of great quality family time.  Saturday my Dad and I ran 12 miles in preparation for our big half marathon next weekend.  I am proud to report that it was pretty easy for me, and I am looking forward to the big race!  My Dad took me to a nice lunch at Cafe Adobe afterwards, which was very nice.

We have so very much to be thankful for this year:  the birth of our beautiful, sweet, healthy baby girl Liliana; a wonderfully curious, healthy, and charming three-year-old Frankie; Frank's new job; Mommy's four months off work; wonderful family vacations; Monte's retirement from the army and release from Walter Reed; and a wonderful family with whom we get to share our many blessings.  I am so blessed to have the most wonderful man as my husband.  Frank is hard working, trustworthy, loyal, and thoughtful.  He is always up for adventure, and he loves his family with all of his heart.  I am so thankful that I get to experience life with him and our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment