While Frank and Frankie had fun at the play, I was at home trying to teach Lily how to nap in her crib. It did not go well. I tried to let her cry it out when she woke up after 45 minutes, but after thirty minutes of pretty bad crying, I gave in and got her up. We will have to keep working on it!
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Frank's first play
This weekend Frank took Frankie to see his first play at the Dallas Children's Theater. Babies are not allowed, so Lily and I stayed home. They saw "Go Dogs Go," and Frankie had a blast! I love that Frank enjoys taking him to do things like this. They frequently go on "boys only" adventures to restaurants, movies, museums, parks, aquariums, and other cool places. It is great quality bonding time for them, and it gives me good quality time with Lily. Right now, Frankie is really into art and being creative. He also really enjoys "working," whether it is cleaning, pretending to use the vacuum, helping make dinner, or watering plants in the backyard. He asks us to buy him things like glitter, googly eyes, paint, a real vacuum with a plug, and a computer. So far, he is not that interested in sports, cars, or trains. I know there is plenty of time for his interests to develop, but I love that he is creative and hard working and I hope that those traits do not change.
While Frank and Frankie had fun at the play, I was at home trying to teach Lily how to nap in her crib. It did not go well. I tried to let her cry it out when she woke up after 45 minutes, but after thirty minutes of pretty bad crying, I gave in and got her up. We will have to keep working on it!
While Frank and Frankie had fun at the play, I was at home trying to teach Lily how to nap in her crib. It did not go well. I tried to let her cry it out when she woke up after 45 minutes, but after thirty minutes of pretty bad crying, I gave in and got her up. We will have to keep working on it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment