Valentine's Day is all about love, and I really felt the love this week. I am so lucky and blessed to have an amazing husband who loves me so much and whom I love to the moon and back. Sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day craziness that we forget to take time to show each other how that amazing love, so I truly enjoy these types of holidays that remind us to make that special effort to show how much we care.
Frank surprised me with my favorite perfume, my favorite chocolates, some sweet cards, bath salts, and lingerie. We also celebrated with a wonderful dinner out in Sugar Land at Churrascos. My parents watched the kids so that we could have a night out together, and it was fabulous. We also got to have a movie date on Sunday to go see Lone Survivor, which Frank has been dying to see. I was not really too interested in watching it, but I actually loved the movie. It was written, directed, and produced by Peter Berg, who also did Friday Night Lights (my all time favorite TV show), and I pretty immediately noticed a lot of similarities between the TV show and the movie, especially the music. The movie also starred Taylor Kitsch (aka Tim Riggins). It was a wonderful story, and the end of the movie left pretty much every single person in the theater crying their eyes out. I won't spoilt it, but it was pretty inspirational and moving, and I immediately ordered the book when I got home and I cannot wait to read it.
Our little valentines had some surprises waiting for them on Friday morning too. We gave Frankie a little craft box complete with pipe cleaners, modeling clay, googly eyes, paint, and GLITTER! He was so excited, and he has been playing with it non-stop ever since. He had a big party at school on Friday with McDonalds happy meals and lots of special treats. He helped me bake chocolate chip/M&M cookies and red velvet cookies for all of his teachers and classmates. Liliana got some new books and a card, which she enjoyed chewing on.
We picked the kids up from school on Friday and headed out to Houston for an impromptu visit. The sunset view that evening was spectacular, and we enjoyed a very nice drive down to Houston (for once)! On Saturday, Liliana seemed much sleepier than normal, taking 2-3 hour naps in the pack-n-play, which she has never done before. She woke up from her second nap with a fever, and she was pretty fussy for the rest of that evening. She remained very sleepy and feverish all day Sunday too, so we decided to take her to the doctor on Monday. We drove home from Houston late Sunday night, and around 9:30 pm (when we were about halfway home), we came to a dead stop just north of Buffalo on I-45. I pulled out my phone and looked at Facebook and noticed that one of my friends had posted 15 minutes earlier that she had been stuck in this same traffic for 40 minutes. Ugh. We ended up stuck for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and it sucked, but it could have been so much worse. Miraculously, Liliana slept the entire time. Frankie was awake, but he was pretty good and for the most part he stayed occupied watching his ipad. Thank goodness we had stopped soon before to go to the bathroom and get drinks and snacks. We finally made it home around 12:30.
I took Lily to urgent care yesterday, and we found out that she has another double ear infection. The doctor was concerned with how frequently she has been getting these ear infections, and we are starting to wonder if they are ever truly going away. I think a trip to the ENT is in our future. Poor baby girl was pretty fussy the last couple of days, and I can tell that she does not feel good. I hope she starts feeling better soon!
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment