Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girls' weekend



This weekend Lindsey, Brooke, Marisa, and Jennifer came to Dallas for a girls' weekend of shopping, eating, drinking, and relaxing. We had a great time, and I am so happy that they came! Jennifer brought me a bottle of alcohol-free wine that tasted surprisingly like the real thing, so I got to pretend that I was drinking with everyone. We went to a fundraising benefit for Animal Rescue of Texas on Saturday night, where Jennifer fell in love with a dog and Brooke won a bottle of Veuve champagne. One of the funniest moments of the weekend happened when Marisa called out a guy for not donating money when he happened to be one of the event's biggest sponsors. She said "I'm an asshole," and the guy said, "Hi Asshole, I'm Michael." It was hilarious. I miss you ladies already, and we missed Katie and Corey who were not able to make it.

I am now 13 weeks pregnant and feeling generally better, but I am still having sporadic stomach problems. I am hoping to get back into working out now that I have more energy. We go back to the doctor next week for a routine checkup, and then back to the doctor to find out the sex of the baby in 5 weeks! People seem pretty split on whether they think I am having a boy or a girl. Frank feels pretty strongly that I am having a boy--he has even dreamed about it--but I am not so sure. We can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment