Sunday, October 17, 2010

Childbirth class

Yesterday Frank and I attended a marathon 9-hour childbirth class, and it was surprisingly informative and interesting. We learned everything we ever wanted to know (and more) about the birth process, the hospital we will be delivering at, and other couples who are due near the same time we are. Every single person in our class who knows the sex of the baby is having a boy! We have friends who are having a child in November and do not know the sex of the baby, but I am going to bet they are having a boy too!

One of the things that Frank was really hoping to learn during the class was whether there is any reliable sign that labor is impending, so that he could know to hop on a plane and be back in time for the birth. Unfortunately, the instructor told us that there is really no reliable way to predict when labor will happen, so we are just going to hope that Baby Frank decides to stay put until November 8, when Frank will be back in town for good until the baby is born. I have a feeling that he will arrive sometime the week of Thanksgiving, and I am hoping he comes right on his due date!

At the end of the class, the instructor had us practice some breathing and relaxation exercises, and she told us to visualize ourselves successfully completing the labor process and then bonding with the baby. She then told us how much baby boys love their mothers, and her speech made me cry like a little baby! It was so sweet, and it makes me so excited that we are going to get to meet our baby boy so soon. I can't wait!!

This week I have also ordered and purchased most of the items from our registries that we did not receive at our showers that we need right when the baby is born. Thanks to all our wonderful friends and family, there was not much left for us to buy! My Aunt Barbara and Uncle Mike sent us our car seat this week, and Frank is going to install that in my car today. I am also going to pack my hospital bags this weekend, just in case!!

No comments:

Post a Comment