I have reached 36 weeks--only one more week until I am considered full-term. I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise baby gift from one of our neighbors. They got Baby Frank a bunch of sweet gifts and a gift certificate to Baby's-R-Us. It was a great way to start my morning! I also had a doctor's appointment today, and the doctor told me that the baby is head down, and I am already 1 centimeter dilated and 80% effaced. Although this does not really mean much, it does mean that my body is making progress and getting ready for labor. Of course I called Frank (who just arrived in Kansas, where he will be for the next two weeks), and he freaked out. My doctor told me that he does not expect me to make it to my due date, but you never know. I also talked to him about possible induction, and he told me that he would induce me at any time after 39 weeks if I want him to, since my body is already favorable and induction would not likely increase my odds of having a c-section. So it looks like we will have a pre-Thanksgiving baby for sure!
Frank and I had a very busy weekend getting ready for Baby Frank's arrival. On Sunday we went up to Baylor for a tour of the labor & delivery part of the hospital. I have never been to a hospital before, so it was comforting to know where we are supposed to go and how everything will work. All of the nurses were extremely nice and helpful, and one of my coworkers arranged for a friend of hers to give us the tour. I am so glad that we did it! Frank actually got pretty excited about the hospital cafeteria. We also went and picked up the jogging stroller, and Frank put together the pack-n-play. I packed my hospital bag and washed all of the baby's newborn and 0-3 month clothes and all of his receiving and swaddle blankets. I cannot believe how tiny some of the newborn clothes are! It is hard to believe that the baby may actually be that small when he is born.
We also went up to the horse races on Saturday night with our friends Micah and Leslie and their two beautiful children. We had not seen them in a long time, and it was great to catch up and talk to Leslie all about babies. Frank and I are so excited about this baby, especially because now we know that he is probably coming sooner than later! I just hope that he holds out for two more weeks so that his daddy can be there for the delivery!!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment