Monday, November 1, 2010

37 weeks--full term!

I am so happy to have made it to 37 weeks! I am now considered full-term, and it is safe to deliver Baby Frank at any time. I went back to the doctor today, and everything still looks great. I lost a pound since last week, which was a pleasant surprise. The doctor was not even going to check me for progress this week, but I asked him to since Frank wanted to know whether he should go out of town on a planned business trip or stay here with me in case I went into labor. The doctor checked and said that I had not made any progress since last week, so it was "extremely unlikely" that I would have the baby this week. Of course, he cannot say for sure because labor is so unpredictable, but it is comforting that I will most likely have the baby after Frank gets back in town on Friday. He will then be home through the end of November, so I am very excited about that! We had another busy weekend, getting things ready for the baby. Frank set up the monitor and put together the jogging stroller and swing. It is amazing how much stuff one tiny baby needs.

We had a great, busy weekend, watching the Rangers in the World Series, going out for a date night on Friday, and having some friends over on Sunday to watch the game. Mark and Julissa came over, and it was so good to see them and catch up, since we had been trying to get together for months but could never work out our schedules. They brought Baby Frank a sweet basket full of goodies, including an A&M onesie. Our neighbors, who just had their little boy 10 days ago, also stopped by with sweet Baby Bennett for a little while. Astyn let me hold Bennett, and he is so tiny and precious, I was afraid I was going to break him! We actually just learned that another of our neighbors is pregnant--so that makes 4 of us on the same street that are having babies within a few months of each other. It is pretty neat that Baby Frank will have a lot of little friends the same age as him to grow up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment