Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blessings

As I begin what is most likely my last week without a child, I have been feeling extremely emotional and thinking a lot about how much my life is about to change. I am so excited to meet my son! I have always known that I wanted to be a mom. When Frank and I were dating, and even just after we got married, he told me that he was not sure if he wanted to have kids. But, I could see how he had bonded with his niece, and how child-like and innocent he himself can be, and I knew deep down that he did want children. I never would have married him if I truly believed that he did not want kids. A lot of my friends thought that I would be one of the last ones to have children. I have always been very focused on school, my job, working out, shopping, and I don't exactly display my maternal side to many people. I have been so blessed to have a great job, a wonderful home, great friends, and the ability to buy nice things and go on amazing vacations. But honestly, I would give all of that up in order to have a family. I am so incredibly excited and ready to begin that wonderful journey.

I am also feeling very scared and nervous about taking on responsibility for another life. I am scared that it will be so hard to get used to no sleep, having someone being completely dependent on me, and having to forgo personal time and time alone with Frank to take care of the baby. I am scared that I will not be attentive enough, or that I will not be able to balance being a wife and a mother, or that I will feel guilty when I have to go back to work and leave baby Frank with someone else.

Most of all, I am feeling incredibly blessed. I feel so lucky that God blessed us with this baby so quickly, and that I have had an uncomplicated pregnancy. As I get ready to have the baby, I pray that he is healthy and that everything goes smoothly. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband, who has been so supportive and helpful and excited throughout my pregnancy. I feel closer to him than I ever have, and I can't wait to experience this new adventure together! Come on Baby Frank...we are ready to love you, spoil you, dress you up, and give you kisses.

Please pray for us as we get ready to welcome Baby Frank and embark on this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment