Tuesday, November 16, 2010

39 weeks--induction scheduled

I went to my 39 week doctor's appointment yesterday, and the doctor said that I am 3 cm dilated, completely effaced, and "very favorable." He said the baby has dropped, and my bishop score is 12, which apparently means that induction should not increase my chances of a long labor or c-section, so we decided to go ahead and schedule the induction for tomorrow morning! We are going in at 7:30 a.m., and my doctor will apply a prostaglandin gel that will hopefully get labor started. I have been having contractions on and off for a week now, so hopefully we will not even need the pitocin to get labor going. If all goes well, we will get to meet baby Frank tomorrow! I am so excited and ready to meet my little man!

I went into work this morning and then left around 12:30 to meet Frank for lunch and spend my last afternoon/evening at home before the baby comes. I am trying to relax and enjoy some time alone. Everyone please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go through labor & delivery. We will keep everyone updated and post pictures as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment