Monday, March 7, 2011
Big news!
Phew, this has been a busy week! I officially resigned from my job today, and I have accepted a position as a non-partnership track associate at Morgan Lewis. I am so excited for this new opportunity, especially because I will be able to exclusively practice labor and employment law and I will be working a reduced hours schedule, so I should have more time to spend with my family. I gave my two weeks' notice this morning, and I could not have asked for my current boss and coworkers to react better than they did. They were all extremely sweet and understanding, and it really makes me sad to know that I will be leaving behind some truly fantastic coworkers and friends. I have learned so much working there, and I am so grateful for all of the experiences I have had. But at the same time, I am so excited and ready for this new opportunity, and I pray that it will be a great fit for me and a great move for my career. Even my boss told me that he thought this was a great career move, so that made me feel more confident that I had made the right decision in deciding to leave. It was an extremely hard decision to make. I ultimately decided to take the new job because I think I owe it to myself and my son to see if I enjoy practicing law in a different environment. Since we have decided that I am going to work and I have to be away from Frank during the day, I want to at least be working somewhere that I feel valued, challenged, and excited about the work I am doing. I am very excited to see where this new opportunity takes me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! Very exciting!
ReplyDelete