Monday, March 7, 2011
Busy weekend & neighborhood moms
We had a really fun and busy weekend this weekend while Frank is in China. He is going to be gone for the next week, so we are trying to stay busy and not just sit around missing him too much! Corey and Brooke came up from Houston to visit us and it was so good to catch up with them and see cute pregnant Brooke! They helped me out a lot, and for that I am so grateful! On Saturday I hosted a little get-together for a bunch of women in my neighborhood who are new moms or mom's-to-be. Our neighborhood is having a bit of a baby boom this year--we have seven of us in our neighborhood with babies 6 months or younger or with babies on the way. It was so nice to meet all of the women and their babies, and I know that it will be so great to have all of these kids in the neighborhood who are the same age. I have gotten to know one of the women pretty well in the last few months, and she has been such a huge help and valuable resource for me! And I cannot wait until Frank is old enough to really play and interact with the other babies. It will be a lot of fun to get them all together for play dates. I did not get to talk to Frank until Sunday evening, and he is doing well and enjoying his big trip with his MBA class. I am really missing him, but I am glad that he is safe and enjoying this big adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment