I think is is absolutely adorable that Frank's day care has a "cirriculum," even for the infants, and they do little neat projects with them every week. A couple of weeks ago, they tie-dyed onesies. Every Friday, they do splash day in a baby pool. They used their hand and foot prints to make a flag for memorial day, and they used footprints to make all the Mommy's bags for mother's day. The teachers all take pictures of all of the activities and put the pictures on bulletin boards so that we can always see what the kids are up to. I work close enough to the day care that I can stop by during my lunch break, and every time I stop by Frank is smiling and having fun (at least, when he is not napping). Every time I drop him off in the morning he is smiling, and he is happy almost every time I come to pick him. Overall, despite the sickness, I have been so happy with the day care we chose. Frank is thriving in that environment, and it is evident how much all of the infant teachers care for him. It is so hard to leave him and go to work every day, but at least I know that he is happy and that he is learning new things every day.Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Day care projects
I think is is absolutely adorable that Frank's day care has a "cirriculum," even for the infants, and they do little neat projects with them every week. A couple of weeks ago, they tie-dyed onesies. Every Friday, they do splash day in a baby pool. They used their hand and foot prints to make a flag for memorial day, and they used footprints to make all the Mommy's bags for mother's day. The teachers all take pictures of all of the activities and put the pictures on bulletin boards so that we can always see what the kids are up to. I work close enough to the day care that I can stop by during my lunch break, and every time I stop by Frank is smiling and having fun (at least, when he is not napping). Every time I drop him off in the morning he is smiling, and he is happy almost every time I come to pick him. Overall, despite the sickness, I have been so happy with the day care we chose. Frank is thriving in that environment, and it is evident how much all of the infant teachers care for him. It is so hard to leave him and go to work every day, but at least I know that he is happy and that he is learning new things every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment