Monday, September 10, 2012

"Yes" and songs

Frankie mastered "No" several months ago, and he has been saying it consistently and repeatedly for a long time now.  However, he has just recently mastered "Yes."  Before, he would smile and make a grunting sound or repeat whatever the correct answer was whenever he meant to say "yes."  But in the last few weeks, he has really started to understand and say "Yes" whenever we correctly guess whatever it is that he wants.  He has also figured out that saying "yes, please" is a sure-fire way to get Mama to do whatever he is requesting.  I love that it is getting easier and easier to communicate with him, and I hope that this will help with the tantrums.

Frankie also continues to LOVE to sing.  He loves to watch music videos on the Ipad, to hear music on the radio, to sing songs himself, and to hear me sing.  During most of our morning drives to day care, he requests songs and I sing them.  Sometimes I sing the same song over and over.  Sometimes I don't know the words to the song, so I just make them up.  I loooove hearing him sing.  He usually will sing the first verse of a song and then say "Mama, sing it!"  It is so cute, and I love that he loves music so much.  Frank's birthday is next week and I taught Frankie the birthday song so we can sing it to him together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment