Tuesday, April 16, 2013

32 week doctor's appointment

I can't believe that we are already doing appointments every two weeks!  I went in for my 32-week checkup today, and we had another ultrasound to check the baby's growth.  Apparently, this baby recently had a growth spurt.  The ultrasound tech told me that the baby's abdomen is measuring 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule and that the baby is estimated to weigh 5 lbs already!  The first thing my doctor said when she saw me was "what have you been eating?"  Of course that now has me a bit paranoid and thinking that I should try to limit my dessert intake, even though my doctor assured me that the two were not correlated whatsoever.  My doctor was not too concerned about the baby's big tummy and said that my stomach was actually measuring a week behind and that the baby did not feel too big to her.  But, we are going to do another growth ultrasound next visit to make sure that this baby is not huge.  Everything else looked great, and we confirmed (again) that baby is still a girl.  I asked the doctor again about my frequent conractions, and she told me that they are really just annoying and that I should not worry unless I experience bleeding, pain, or if they do not stop after laying down.  They have subsided a lot since last week, and hopefully this trend will continue.

As far as pregnancy symptoms go...I have not had any sciatic pain this pregnancy--knock on wood--which is awesome!  Right now my most annoying symptom is hip pain at night.  I sleep on my side, and approximately every 30 minutes or so I wake up because my hip hurts and have to switch sides.  I think the baby is moving both my hips and my ribs right now becasue there is just not enough room for her!  Other than this discomfort, I am feeling pretty good.  I get really tired every three or four days, usually after I have been working too much, but generally I am not too tired.  I have also been having some minor heartburn, but only when I eat something really spicy or something with tomato sauce.  We had the nursery painted last week, and it looks AWESOME!  I cannot wait for the furniture to arrive so that I can start to decorate.

1 comment: