I have spent most of this week lying in bed, sick as a dog. I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling pretty sick, and I quickly decided I was not going in to work that day. At first I thought maybe I could work from home and just kind-of relax and take it easy. I quickly realized that was not going to happen when simply standing up and washing bottles made me nauseous. Frankie had a fever on and off since Monday, so I decided he must be pretty sick too and I kept him home with me on Wednesday. That was a BIG mistake. I could hardly function, so I pretty much just let him do whatever he wanted, which resulted in a very big mess and a not-too-happy Daddy. But I was too sick to care. I made myself get up and go to the doctor to see if I had the flu, which I did not. The doctor gave me antibiotics and said I must have a sinus infection (and a stomach bug). I did not even get the antibiotics until very late the next day (Thursday night), and thankfully, on Friday afternoon I finally started to feel better. But I am still very weak and tired and just feel like resting. We also finally took Frankie to the doctor on Friday (he had fever on and off Monday - Friday), and he has an ear infection, so I am glad we took him in. Hopefully we are both on the mend!
I missed three days of work, and I hardly even worked from home. I am really going to pay for that next week, but it felt nice not to worry about work for a few days. We were supposed to go to Houston yesterday for our belated family Christmas celebration with my brother, but we decided not to go and risk everyone getting sick. I am sad that we will miss seeing my brother!
On a little side note, Frank is NOT nice to me when I am sick. I feel like when other family members are sick, I go out of my way to be nice to them, to make them comfortable, to give them special time, or to just go out of my way to try to make them feel better because I know that being sick sucks. Well, when I am sick, Frank will pick up the slack with the kids and the house, but he basically makes me fend for myself and on top of that he blames me for getting sick. It sucks, because (1) I am already sick and feeling like crap, and (2) now you have to make me feel worse because you are mad that I am sick and you think I somehow could have prevented it?! Its like he thinks I enjoy getting sick, which I definitely do not. I have gotten sick a lot since having kids, and I am not sure why. I really don't understand why I get sick all the time and Frank doesn't. He seems to think it is all preventable, but I think my weakened immune system is primarily due to stress, which I unfortunately have not been able to manage very well in the last couple of years. Maybe also my lack of exercise. I don't seem to get sick very much when I am working out regularly, which is just so hard to do with two little ones and a busy job. I never used to get sick before I had kids!
Anyway, a couple of my friends put it best when they said "Mommies are not supposed to get sick!" It is true. When Mommy is sick, everything else falls apart! I don't ever remember my mom being sick when I was growing up, although I am sure she was. I do remember her giving me seven up and chicken noodle soup and giving me lots of extra love when I was sick....because that is what Mommies do!
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment