This last week has SUCKED. I was sick for five full days with a super fun sinus infection/stomach virus combo. I did not get out of bed AT ALL for two complete days. One day, I did not even turn on my cell phone. It was crazy. Frankie has also been sick for this whole time, presumably with the same thing. I tried to keep him home with me one day and Frank stayed home with him for one day, but otherwise we have had to send him to school (boo). Lily is also now sick with another ear infection, although luckily hers does not seem to be bothering her too badly so far. I hope both of them start feeling better soon.
Work continues to be absolutely horrendous. I have a huge briefing assignment that is due on Monday next week, and I am anticipating working late nights/early mornings/all weekend to get everything finalized. I got to the office so early this morning that none of the escalators were working yet, and I had to go swipe my badge at a special counter to get access to the elevator (it was before 6:00 a.m.). I am tired. I also had my annual review on Monday, and it was not good. I basically received confirmation that I am in a dead end position with "no hope" (those were my boss's exact words) of ever changing. Not exactly the news I was hoping for. I put so much into my job, and it is becoming harder and harder to stay motivated enough to care about it at all.
My silver lining is pictured above. Every time I look at her picture or think about her, it makes my day sweeter. And my sweet little boy is not too shabby either. Happily, he seems to have returned today.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment