Monday, November 24, 2014

4-year doctor appointment

On Friday last week, I took Frankie to his 4-year old doctor's appointment.  He is still very tall - in the 75th percentile for height at 41.5 inches.  He is at about the 50th percentile for weight.  Even though he is obviously physically bigger, he seemed SO BIG the way that he handled this appointment.  I knew that the 4-year appointment was supposed to be tough because he was going to be getting a lot of shots, but I was amazed at how well he handled them.  The nurse had me lay him down and hold his hand, and she administered the FIVE shots.  Frankie did not cry, fight, or scream.  He barely even flinched.  The nurse was shocked and amazed by how well he handled the shots, and she said he was the best 4-year-old patient she had ever seen.  He was handsomely rewarded with two lollipops and a spiderman sticker.  This seems to be a trend with Frank.  At his first dentist appointment, the dentist said she had never had a better 2-year-old patient.  Same thing happened with his haircuts.  This boy is brave and tough, and as Ms. Kiersten describes him, he is "four going on thirty."  I am so proud of my brave, big boy, but I am not sure I am ready for him to get so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment