Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dallas Half Marathon

In case you were wondering, no I have not abandoned my blog!  I have just been so busy living life that I have not had time or energy to document it.  Back in the beginning of December, my Dad and I ran the Dallas half marathon.  We had trained for it in 2013, and I trained super diligently, only to have the race cancelled at the last minute due to ice.  I was so bummed, because I was really ready for that race.  This year, with the move, job change, and other life craziness, I never got into training.  In fact, I had only run a handful of times ALL YEAR.  My Dad and I went on a "long run" of 5.5 miles over Thanksgiving, and it was pretty easy, so I was hoping I could manage the half marathon.  And I did!  I am amazed that I was able to finish.  We ran pretty slow, but we beat our goal of 2 hours and 30 minutes (I think we finished in 2:28).  Last year when I trained my goal was 2 hours, but I knew there was no way that was going to happen this year.  It was really nice running with my Dad, and we pushed each other to do better.  I wanted to quit and walk around miles 7-8, and he pulled me through.  When he was exhausted around mile 10, I told him we had to get it together and run the rest of the way.  And we did!  I was exhausted and my legs/feet were so so so super sore the next few days, but I was really proud that we ran and finished!  It was a very cool father/daughter accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment