I turned 33 on December 27, and, I have to say, I think this is going to be my best year yet. Last year was a really tough one for me. I struggled a lot with work, with two different bad job situations, and trying to sell our house. I felt very uneasy, and, at times, hopeless about both situations. Last summer, I had a significant personal situation that really changed my life. I decided at that time that I would not take anything for granted, and that I was not going to do anything to jeopardize the wonderful life I have been blessed with. I turned to God a lot during these months. And, miraculously, after I made the conscious decision to live life a different way, everything turned around. We sold our house and bought our dream house. As soon as we moved, I felt an immense sense of peace. I know that Southlake is where we are supposed to be, and I am so happy we are here. I also found an amazing new job. My boss is wonderful, my coworkers are great, and I really feel like this is a place where I can shine in my work while still maintaining a "part-time" schedule so that I don't have to miss any important family moments.
I celebrated my birthday surrounded by family. We went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch to continue our tradition of pizza birthday celebrations, and Frank took me out to a nice dinner that night. Frankie helped me blow out my birthday candles. My birthday wish is for continued health and happiness in the coming year.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment