Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Frank's first soccer game & Valentines day

Frankie had his first soccer game on Valentine's day, and we were sooooo excited about it.  His team is called the Sharks, and there are three boys and three girls.  Frankie was a little apprehensive about it, but he was pretty excited to get his uniform and equipment.  In his league, the teams start off with about 20 minutes of drills and then play a 30-minute game.  Frankie loved doing the drills, but he was not so sure about playing in the game.  He didn't want to go back in after the half, but I was so proud of him for trying and finishing.  At one point, I had to go out there and hold his hand for a few minutes, but at least he was out there trying!  And there were no tears.  Lily was so excited to be outside and she kept trying to run around and steal all the balls.  Of the two kids, I am betting Lily will be the more sporty one, but I guess you never know.  I am so proud of my handsome, big boy!

Nana and Papa came in town to cheer on Frankie in his first game and to baby sit so that Frank and I could go out for Valentine's day!  We went out for a really nice date night, with dinner, coffee, and a movie.  My sweet valentine also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies.  I went to the grocery store really early on Saturday and surprised our two littlest valentines with two huge balloons and donuts.  It was a sweet day, and we are so thankful for Nana and Papa coming to visit and babysitting!
















No comments:

Post a Comment