Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Miss Independent

Liliana Mae is developing into quite the little daredevil.  She wants to be just like her big brother, and she copies EVERYTHING that he does.  She likes to run with the big kids, and it can be a little scary.  This weekend I took both kids to a big park with multiple play areas, and we met up with Astyn, Bennett, and Banks.  I was standing with Astyn and Banks and the other kids were running around playing.  Lily was off running around the ground near the biggest kids playground (about 50 feet away from us) while Frank and Bennett were playing on the medium playground.  I turned away and was not paying as much attention to Lily as I should have been, and all of the sudden I see her sliding down a HUGE slide by herself!  So, obviously, she climbed all the way up to the top by herself and then proceeded to slide down by herself.  Without her mommy or big brother or anyone she knew in sight!  Frankie would have never done this at that age.  He barely does this now.  He always wanted me to be holding on to him at the top of the slide, then at the bottom of the slide to catch him.  And he would never have even thought about climbing up on a playground if I was not right there by his side.  But his sister has no fear, and she is much more independent.  She is going to be a little firecracker!

No comments:

Post a Comment