Sunday, September 20, 2015

Frank's 40th Birthday!

Frank turned the big 4-0 this week!  He has been talking about this birthday forever, and he decided for his big celebration he wanted to do a guys' trip to Vegas.  At first, I was a little hurt that he wanted to celebrate his birthday without me.  But, I realized that this was the kind of trip he needed, for whatever reason, and I had to let him do it.  A bunch of his friends, including my Dad and his brother, joined him in Vegas earlier this month, and I think they had a great time, although Frank said he has no interest in taking another trip like that anytime soon.  Let's just say it took him an entire week to recover!

He has been pretty apprehensive about this big birthday, and I really wanted to think outside the box to do something special for him.  For his gift, I bought him a really cool vintage map with push pins to document where we have been and where we want to go.  Traveling has always been a really important part of our relationship, and I wanted to emphasize to him that our adventures are just beginning.  On his birthday, I chartered a sail boat on lake grapevine, and the two of us enjoyed a wonderful italian dinner and wine/sparkling water during a three-hour sunset cruise around the lake.  The weather was perfect, and Frank was truly surprised by the gift.  He was sure I had planned an event with a bunch of other people, and I know he really enjoyed the night just the two of us.  It was very relaxing and romantic, and I treasured our night together.  Happy 40th Birthday Frank!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment