Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sick
The Bernardo household has caught some sort of stomach bug! Sunday night Frank was finishing up his accounting homework and I was sleeping on the couch and taking care of the baby. He woke me up to proofread his assignment, and I felt extremely nauseous and feverish. I finished editing his paper, and then I tried to drink some water, thinking I may just be dehydrated. Unfortunately, I could not even keep water down and proceeded to throw up all night long. Frank was supposed to go to Kansas for work on Monday, but he didn't want me to risk getting Baby Frank sick, so he called in sick to work and stayed home. I spent all day yesterday in bed, and Frank took care of the baby. By about 6:00 last night, Frank started to feel sick himself. Since I was feeling better, I took the night shift so that Frank could get some rest. I think that we are both on the upswing, and I am feeling much better today for sure. We are now just crossing our fingers and praying that Baby Frank does not get sick!! I called my doctor yesterday, and he told me that continuing to feed Baby Frank my breastmilk would help protect him from the stomach bug, because the milk contains the antibodies my body created to help fight off the virus. So hopefully all of my hard work with the breastfeeding and pumping will pay off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment