Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week with Nana

Baby Frank and I spent this week with Nana, and it was quite the adventure! Frank left on Monday to go out of town for work, and my Mom came up to help me out. She was a huge help! We had a lot of firsts this week, and a few unexpected complications which I could not have handled without her. On Tuesday, I developed an infection that forced me to stop breastfeeding, get medicine for myself, get medicine for Frank, and go buy, and start using, a pump. Between the pump and supplementing with formula, I feel like we are washing and sterilizing bottles non-stop! I am only able to get approximately 1-2 ounces of milk every time I pump, so it is no wonder that Frank was not gaining weight when I was exclusively breastfeeding. I do not have enough milk to keep him satisfied! And especially this last week, since he has been eating like crazy. I think he is definitely going through a growth spurt. He no longer fits into his newborn size clothes and is now wearing the next size up. I am so happy that my baby boy is growing!

My mom was a HUGE help with everything while she was here, from cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, and cleaning bottles to playing with Katy and helping take care of the baby. He had a couple of nights that he did not sleep well, and she started calling him "Cranky Frankie." But for the most part, he was a good boy! We took him out on a couple of walks around the neighborhood, which he loves, and we took him to the Galleria one day so that we could get some Christmas shopping done and to Olive Garden to meet Allison for lunch one day. On both of our outings, he slept the entire time. It was great to make those first trips with my Mom so that I could figure out how to work the car seat and stroller with backup in case I needed it.

This weekend my Dad came in town to visit, and my parents took care of the baby at night so that Frank and I could have a break and get some much-needed rest. I slept for almost 7 hours straight on Friday night and for 8 hours total on Saturday. It was great! Nana and Grandpa also watched Baby Frank on Saturday night so that Frank and I could have a date and get out of the house for a little bit. We went to Mi Cocina and I had fajitas and margaritas. It was wonderful! I missed Frank a lot when he was gone last week, and it was so nice to have a few hours by ourselves. Thank you so much Grandpa & Nana--we really appreciate it!!

Frank leaves again tomorrow to go to Kansas for work, and I will be on my own this week. I am a little nervous, but I think I am ready! It is nice to know that my Mom is on standby in Houston in case I need her.

Here are some pictures from this week:

first trip to the Galleria
cuddle buddy
visit from Miss Ashlee
visit from Miss Kristin
cute little monkey in my monkey outfit from Miss Diana
Grandpa hates my mittens
mama's little monkey

Grandpa and my big boy
chillin in my boppy

No comments:

Post a Comment