
This week I have been home with my little buddy while Frank went back to work in Kansas. This was the first time I had been alone with Baby Frank without my mom or Frank here to help me, and while I was a little nervous, I was also excited to start getting on a schedule and to have some quality bonding time with my precious son. This week has been amazing! I can't believe how much Frank has already grown and changed. We started loosely following the Babywise schedule on Monday, and boy, what a difference that has made! I love that Frank is now taking consistent naps throughout the day so that I can count on having large chunks of time to get things done. And when he is awake, he has been so much fun! He is finally starting to really enjoy playing with some of the wonderful toys we have been given. He especially loves laying on his rainforest playmat and looking at himself in the mirror and batting the toys. He has been smiling more and more lately, and he also makes the cutest little cooing sounds, some of which sound almost like giggles. I absolutely love playing with him and reading to him! I decided to establish a bedtime routine which includes a bath, reading him several books, and putting him to sleep in his crib. I just started putting him in his crib on Monday, and he is doing very well with it. He is sleeping from about 8:45 at night to 6:45 in the morning, only waking up once during the night, around 2:00 a.m. to take a bottle and then go back to sleep. It makes for about 9 hours of sleep for me, which is HEAVEN! I hope he keeps this up and eventually drops the 2:00 am feeding and sleeps through the night. It makes the days so much nicer when I am not exhausted from a hard night. Frank is also getting so much bigger. He eats much more than what the baby books say is "normal" for his age--typically averaging about 35 ounces a day--and he seems to be almost growing out of his 0-3 clothes already. I finally got brave and started cutting his fingernails, so I have let him out of the mittens and he has started to suck on his hands. I bet that he will eventually be a thumb-sucker. Big Frank comes home tomorrow, and I know he is so excited to see our son. We (finally!!) downloaded and talked on Skype this week, and it was really neat for him to get to see the baby. It is amazing that we have been long distance in some form or other for so long and have never done this before. The only bad thing about it is that i have to make myself presentable before our chats.
I have also been getting out and about with Frank a bunch this week. On Monday I took him with me to the dentist, and yesterday I took him with me to my postpartum doctor's appointment. Good news--everything at the doctor looks great! Bad news--I still have 10 pregnancy pounds to lose. We also went over to Amanda's house yesterday for a playdate with her sweet 8-month old daughter Lucy. Frank did so well while we were over there and was not fussy at all! He has been much less fussy this week in general, which has been a great blessing. I am really enjoying getting to spend so much quality time with my son, and I know that I will miss this a lot when I go back to work.
Here are a few pics I took this morning of Frank playing on his rainforest playmat in his cute new monkey outfit from Aunt Allison:






No comments:
Post a Comment