Last weekend I went to Houston to help host a baby shower for Brooke & Mason. Brooke has been my friend for a long time, since we used to play softball together in high school. We are so excited for them! We cannot wait for Frankie to have another playmate. It was great to see a bunch of my friends and celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Bennett (this will be Frankie's 3rd friend named Bennett)!!On my way home from the shower, I experienced one of my worst nightmares: my car completely died in the middle of a busy freeway. Luckily, I was able to navigate my way to shoulder before I lost power completely. I called OnStar, who sent someone out to tow my car, and I called my parents, and my Dad and brother came out to rescue me. It turned out that a pulley broke, which caused a belt to go off its track, which caused the alternator to stop working and the car to die. It was a huge pain, and I ended up having to miss work Monday and drive back late Monday night. But at least the car was still under warranty, and at least they were able to diagnose the problem and fix it. Thank goodness this happened when I was in Houston, without the baby. I cannot imagine how scary it would have been to have the car die on my way to or from Houston with Frankie in the car.
Because of the car mishap, we were able to spend one extra day in Houston with Nana and Grandpa, and I know that Frankie really enjoyed that.
Here are some pictures from this weekend:
proud parents-to-be Brooke & Mason

No comments:
Post a Comment