Monday, July 18, 2011

Going to the chapel...


This weekend I spent three days in Galveston celebrating the wedding of my dear friend Jennifer to her new husband Mark! Jennifer and I met in college through my freshman potluck roommate Josie, who was friends with Jennifer from high school. Jennifer and I were both economics majors, and we had a bunch of classes together, so we kept in touch. After we both broke up with our boyfriends our sophomore year, we became partners-in-crime. Ironically, she met my husband Frank in an economics class before I met him. And she is also the person who is single-handedly responsible for my career. Jenn was thinking about going to law school and she had a dream of going to school in New York City. I did not really have a plan at that point, but I thought about going to NYC and going to graduate school for journalism at Columbia University. I went with Jenn to a career fair for law schools, and I talked to the admissions counselor from Columbia about pursuing a masters in journalism and a law degree at the same time. I got really excited about the possibility, signed up to take the LSAT, and the rest is history! Jenn did not end up going to law school after all, but I would probably never have even considered it if she had not brought me to the career fair. So thank you Jenn, you have been a wonderful friend, and I was honored to be a part of your special day.

Jenn has always been a gorgeous girl, but she absolutely shined on her wedding day. It was so inspiring to see how happy she is with Mark, and we wish them a lifetime of happiness, health, joy, and love. Here are some pictures from the big wedding day:

smash! cake in the face


father daughter dance (so sweet)
me & my hubby
the ladies
cake!!
love this photo! first dance
kissy kissy
getting gorgeous
bridesmaid bouquet
bride-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment