Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Walsh wedding (and first night with a baby sitter)


Last week on Friday afternoon I took Frankie to the doctor because had kept us up half the night on Thursday. It turns out that he has a double ear infection. Poor little guy! He just can't seem to catch a break this month and is instead catching every possible illness and infection that is going around. He seems to be feeling better now, but he decided to keep us up half the night again on Sunday night, so we have been pretty exhausted this week.

On Saturday, we went to Daniel & Kristi's wedding at La Cima Club in Las Colinas. The wedding was beautiful, and it was nice to celebrate the special occassion with good friends. It was also the first night that we had a "stranger" baby-sit Frankie. Kristi recommended one of her coworker's daughters to babysit for us, and she turned out to be fantastic. She is a college student who works in the infant room at a day care and is very experienced with babies. I was nervous to leave Frankie with her because he was not feeling well and I could not predict whether he was going to wake up at night scared and in pain. Luckily, the reception was only 5 minutes from our house, so I knew that if there had been a problem I would have been able to get home quickly. And it turned out that everything was fine. He went to sleep easily and did not wake up. Our babysitter was super nice, and she even cleaned the kitchen, washed all the bottles, and unloaded the dishwasher while we were gone! I was so pleasantly surprised, and I hope we will be able to use her again.

Here are some pictures from the wedding:

lovely ladies @ Walsh wedding reception
the Vestals
bride & groom
first dance
the Reeves
yummy cake!
groom's cake--cake balls


No comments:

Post a Comment