Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy thanksgiving!

We hosted my family for Thanksgiving this year, which was wonderful, but a bit anti-climatic after the big birthday bash last weekend. Frank's turkey turned out great and we had a great time celebrating with family. Frankie enjoyed his Thanksgiving feast, especially the stuffing and cornbread! Earlier this week, his school hosted a Thanksgiving lunch and I went up there to eat with him and some other parents in his new toddler class. Let's just say that it was an adventure...and I had to go back to work with food all over my clothes! My son has a lot to learn about eating at a table with the bigger kids.

This year, I am so thankful for so many things. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who works so hard and makes me so proud. I am thankful for my beautiful baby boy and all of the joy he has brought into my life. I am thankful for my sister, my brother, and my parents for all of their support and all of the love and laughs. I am thankful for all of our extended family and all of our friends. I am thankful for our wonderful home, good fortune, and health. I am thankful that I have a job I enjoy. I am thankful that I am not pregnant or breastfeeding so I can enjoy a lot of champagne this holiday season. And, I am extremely thankful that I am getting on a plane in 3 hours to go on a romantic vacation with my sweetheart! We are leaving for 5 days in Argentina and Uruguay, and I can't wait!! I am going to miss Frankie so much, but he is in the capable hands of Nana and Grandpa, so I am sure that he will be fine. We have not been on a big vacation since our trip to Africa almost two years ago, so we are feeling long overdue. I am looking forward to a lot of sleep and a lot of delicious food and wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment