Thursday, November 17, 2011

My baby boy is 1!


Dear Frankie,

One year ago, your Daddy and I welcomed you into the world, to our home, and our lives have forever changed since that day. My heart has grown exponentially, and my outlook on life, love, and happiness has never been more clear. You are a treasure, a joy, and a blessing, and I am so proud to be your Mama! You have made me a better person, because I want to be a person that you are proud of too. A few months after you were born I made the very difficult decision to change jobs. I made this decision because of you--and I am so happy to say that I made the right decision. Not only do I have more time to spend with my family, but I am learning so much and becoming fulfilled professionally in a way I never was before. I know that being happy at work makes me happier at home, so that I can be a better Mama to you. For that, I am so thankful.

I am also thankful for being present and able to watch you grow. You continue to amaze me all the time. In the last couple of months your personality has really started to shine, and I think you take a lot after your Daddy. You are always on the move, always trying to do everything and to be more grown-up. You took your first steps the day you turned 9 months, and you have not looked back! Now, you are running....and falling! You have had a bruise, scratch, or scrape on your face almost every day for the last month. They are the marks of your rough-and-tumble personality. But little bumps and bruises do not phase you...you are not scared of anything! Even though you are tough and determined, you can also be so sweet. I love when you come up to me when we are playing on the floor and give me a hug. And I love nothing more than picking you up from day care and seeing the huge smile on your face when you see me. And I also love putting you to bed every night and reading you bedtime stories. I hope that you grow up to love reading as much as your Mama does. I love when you go crazy in the bath tub, splashing like you are purposely trying to get me as wet as possible. I even love when you throw your food on the floor or bang your hands on the blinds when your Daddy has specifically said not to do it but you do it anyway. My absolute favorite game to play with you is chase/peek-a-boo....I'm going to get you little buddy!

Being a mother has been the most wonderful gift. I always knew that I wanted to have children, but you can never really know what it is like until you are there. I think having children has made me a much more complete person. I am less selfish and more generous, less and demanding and more forgiving, and less afraid of...everything. A lot of people become more overprotective and anxious when they have children, but I have become much less so.

I absolutely love being YOUR mom, and I cannot wait to continue to watch you grow, and to see the kind of man that you will become. I thank God for choosing ME to be your Mama, and for bringing your Daddy and I together so that we could bring you into this world.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment