Monday, November 21, 2011

One year old doctor's appointment

Today I took Frank to the doctor for his one year old doctor's appointment, and I am happy to report that he looks great! We had to wait almost an hour for the doctor, and by the time we got to the shots, Frank was NOT a happy camper. He started screaming the moment I laid him down, and he screamed bloody murder during all five shots. Thankfully he was much better as soon as I picked him up. I stupidly scheduled his appointment in the middle of the day--during lunch and nap time--so he was extra cranky. There is only so much you can do to entertain a busy baby in a doctor's examination room for 45 minutes. He kept trying to play with the trash can, open all the dreawers, and play with the computer. He would reach up on his tippy toes and bang on the keys. Thankfully we made it out of there before he had a complete meltdown.

Frank weighs a little over 22 pounds and is just over 31 inches tall--in the 90th percentile for his height and just under the 50th percentile for his weight. He is a healthy, growing baby boy! I was surprised that he only weighed 22 lbs, because he seems to be getting heavier and heavier to me all the time. I am having a harder time carrying him to day care, so he usually walks with me from the elevator to the classroom. He is transitioning into the toddler room at day care after we get back from our vacation, which I know he will love because he is bored in the infant room. We had a fabulous birthday party this weekend, which I will recap and post pictures from later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment