Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"His lips and fingers are purple"

I have impeccable timing.  On the same day that Frank left to go to Washington DC to visit Monte, Frankie started at his new day care.  The whole point of the new day care was for Frank to be able to help out more with drop-off/pick-up, and, of course. Frank is going to be out of town for the next two weeks.  The transition has been hard on Frankie, which I expected.  The teachers said that he was good in the morning his first day, but he started freaking out during the afternoon when other mothers came to pick up their kids.  I got there at about 4:30 on Monday and Frankie was crying and his face was bright red and splotchy.  They said he had been crying for about 10 minutes straight, and I felt HORRIBLE!  But, hopefully he will get better every day.  Fast forward to today.  The day care calls me at 10 a.m. to tell me that Frank's fingers and lips turned purple while they were outside playing in the splash park.  They said that the water was not cold and that none of the other kids were cold, so they were concerned.  I called the doctor immediately and she told me to bring him in asap, so of course I freaked out.  I left work, drove all the way back to the day care, and drove to the doctor.   She checked his pulse, blood pressure, and heart.  She said that everything looked and sounded normal, but she told me to keep an eye on him and that if it happens again we may need to take him to a cardiologist.  I am thankful that he seems fine, but at the same time, I am a little concerned that there might be some underlying issue that we will have to address later.  Anyway, I am glad that the day care called me and erred on the side of caution.  Frankie was miserable when I dropped him back off (in the middle of nap time), and he was not happy when I picked him up.  It has only been one day, and I am already ready for Frank to come back home!!  I have said it before, but I will say again:  I have so much respect for single moms, and I have no idea how they do it.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Micala! This makes me sad for yall. How scary, but I'm glad his teachers called right away. He will adjust. Mason still screams every second I leave him and is fine by the time I finish signing him in....he will make new friends in no time I'm sure. Hang in there, we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh that stinks! Hang in there! Juggling everything is so hard!

    ReplyDelete