This little cutie and I have spent a lot of time together this week with Frank gone to visit Monte. He is giving me a run for my money!! He is in a stage right now where he repeats everything I say, or at least the part of what I say that he can say. Like if I say, I am going to make pancakes in the morning, he will say "pancakes in the morning." It is usually the last 2-4 words that he says. It is so cute to hear him talking so much. However, his favorite words these days seem to be "nacks" (snacks), "chips," "cookies," and "grapes." He will SCREAM for these things multiple times a day and will not be happy without my working super hard to distract him from his obsession. I made the mistake of giving him graham crackers in the car one day this week after day care, and now every time we get in the car he yells "nacks!" "nacks" "NACKS!!!" over and over and over. I am trying hard not to give in to his demands, but sometimes nothing seems to calm him down, and even time out doesn't always work. When he is in one of these moods, I will start singing all of his favorite songs, and he will say "No ABCs," "no bingo," "no....etc." Basically, no to everything. And then he will start saying "Nacks nacks nacks!!!" again. Hopefully this is part of his acting out because Daddy is gone and he started his new day care this week. Only time will tell....
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment