Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shout out to all the single mamas out there

These last two weeks have been hard.  Frank has been in Washington DC with his brother, so I have been with Frankie on my own.  Frankie started at a new day care, so we have both had to adjust to a new place, new teachers, and new routine.  Throw a super crazy couple of weeks at work on top of that, and I have been living on the edge.  My skin is a mess, and I had to quit my super crazy insanity workout schedule (I am still doing it, just not every day like I was).  It is hard enough to be a working mother, but to be a SINGLE working mother is simply amazing.  I completely admire all of the women out there who do this all the time, often with no help.  Work finally slowed down a little bit at the end of this week, so I took Friday off for some "mommy time."  I have never done this before, and I often feel guilty if I do ANYTHING during time that I could be spending with Frankie.  But, I have to say, I loved having my day off.  I slept in, went to the gym, finally got the brazillian blowout I have been wanting to try forever, and just enjoyed taking my time and doing whatever I wanted.  It is literally the first time I have put Frank in day care when I did not absolutely need to and not felt guilty about it.  I think it is so easy to put pressure on ourselves as working mothers.  I know I do.  Even though I am not at home with Frankie all day every day, I am still his mama while I am at work.  I am still the person who takes care of him when he is sick, who comforts him when he is sad, who puts him to bed every night, and who teaches him the ABCs.

Frankie is at such a fascinating age right now.  He is so adorable and I love watching him learn.  These days he loves to play "Rosies," loves watching his "movies" on the ipad, and still loves the hose outside.  He is also at an age where he wants to do everything himself, and he is very demanding and exhausting.  I took him to Chuck E Cheese for the first time tonight, and he was all over the place.  He was running around, climbing on things, trying to play other peoples' games.  It was exhausting keeping up with him, but he had a blast.  We have enjoyed our two weeks together, but we are ready for Daddy to come home tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment