Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Frankie is going to be a ...


Big Brother!!!!  Frank and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting another baby!  I am currently 12 weeks along, and I am due on June 12, 2013.  The babies will be 2 years and 7 months apart.  We found out I was pregnant on October 2.  I had to change doctors due to insurance, and I have already been to the doctor for two appointments and one ultrasound.  We had a super early ultrasound at 6.5 weeks and got to see the baby's heartbeat!  Then I went back at just under 10 weeks and the doctor was able to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, so I got to hear that sweet sound!  The heartbeat was fast, 169 beats per minute.  So far, this pregnancy is very different from my first.  I remember being absolutely exhausted last time during my first trimester, but this time my energy level has not really fallen.  I am actually having some insomnia, which stinks.  I have also been extremely nauseated this pregnancy, sometimes with the nausea lasting all day and  night, sometimes accompanied by puking.  It has made it extremely hard to get up and go to work.  I have also had a disgusting taste in my mouth near constantly for the last 6-7 weeks.  It tastes like disgusting metal, and it gets worse every time I eat.  It is gross and it makes me want to eat more to get the taste out of my mouth, but nothing really works.  Most food has been completely unappealing to me until the last couple of weeks.  Now I am mostly craving cheese and meat. 

I told my sister just a few days after I found out I was pregnant, but we did not tell anyone else until just last weekend when we went to Houston for Monte's fundraisers and Frankie's birthday.  It was so hard to keep such a huge secret for so long!! It was especially hard because I was so sick and the pregnancy was all that I could think about.  We had Frankie open up the "Big Brother" t-shirt as a birthday gift on November 17 in front of my parents and brother.  They did not get it at first, but when they did they were shocked!  My mom even cried :)  I can't believe they did not guess before that, because I am already HUGE!  I swear I am as big right now at 12 weeks as I was at 18-20 weeks last time.  I am already wearing my bella band with pants and feeling like I want to get into maternity clothes.  

Although we most definitely planned this pregnancy, we are both feeling a little apprehensive about adding another baby to our family.  I am especially nervous about how we are going to handle getting two little ones ready each morning and putting them to bed at night.  I already feel like I have no extra time...but I suppose everyone just makes it work!  I am planning to take a longer maternity leave with this baby, and I am really excited about that. 

Last pregnancy pretty much every single person we knew thought that we were having a girl, but Frank and I were pretty sure we were having a boy.  This time, Frank had a dream that we are having a girl, but I am not so sure.  I do not have a strong feeling either way, and I think either one would be wonderful.  We are just praying for a healthy baby.  We are so excited about this new edition, and we cannot wait to be a family of four!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! Frank Jr. will be the perfect age to be a big helper. Everyday is getting easier with Mason and so I realize how much easier it would have been to have them at least 2 years apart....as far as bedtime and getting out the door; good luck, when you figure it out call me because on average it takes me at least 30 minutes to get out the door and I'm not even pretty and ready for the day....bed time will be later and no one has any downtime until both are in bed...but you survive. I promise. We love yall and can't wait to see that belly! I know what you mean about being big earlier....

    ReplyDelete