Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have been enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving week with family here in Dallas.  Frank's Dad and Denise arrived in Dallas on Tuesday, and my family all drove up from Houston on Thursday to enjoy Thanksgiving at my house.  Frank and I cooked a turkey and ham feast for 12 people!  We had way too much food as usual, but it turned out wonderful.  We have so much to be thankful for this year.  It has been a tough year for Frank and his family, but we are all so thankful that Monte is alive, in remarkably good spirits, and fighting hard to recover.  We are thankful for the enormous and unexpected generosity of so many friends and strangers who have prayed for Monte and supported his recovery.  I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who has a bigger heart than anyone I know, and who works so hard all the time taking care of everyone else.  I am thankful for my son, who amazes and inspires me every single day.  I am thankful for my job, for finding a place where I feel inspired at work, and for wonderful encouragement from my boss.  I am thankful for our beautiful home and our awesome friends.  Most of all, I am thankful that we got to spend this holiday surrounded by family, love, and laughter.  Frankie cannot get enough of Nana, Granny D, and all of the rest of his extended family.  I am sad that we don't get to see them more often, but I am so thankful that we got to spend so much time together this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment