Saturday, March 2, 2013

A little scare & big boy bed

So, my "stress-free" trip to California turned out to be a bit less relaxing than I hoped.  I had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday to get ready and be at the airport in time to catch my 7:30 a.m. flight.  I got to the airport at 6:35, and for some reason related to the fact that my boss was trying to upgrade me and another traveler at the same time, I was not able to check in at the kiosk.  I also was not able to check in at the counter, and I had three different agents and managers working to figure out the issue until 7:15 when they finally issued me a boarding pass and told me to run to the gate.  I finally got to the gate and they let me board the plane.  However, even though there was an empty seat in first class waiting for me, I had to go sit in coach.  Can't people take pity on a pregnant lady???  My boss felt terrible about the whole ordeal, but I was just tired and annoyed by the whole thing. 

We made it to Palo Alto and to our firm's office there and worked until about 5:00 p.m. when we found out that the case settled.  We decided to move our dinner reservations up and go celebrate so we headed to a great restaurant and had a wonderful meal.  However, toward the end of the meal, I started to feel really hot and sweaty and then started to feel like I may pass out.  I excused myself and went to the bathroom and took off my jacket, sat down, and tried to relax.  I felt like I was in the bathroom forever, but it was probably only five minutes or so, and by that time I started to feel better.  But I was scared, and when I came back to the table, everyone could tell something was wrong and we got the check and left immediately.  We got back to our hotel around 8:30 p.m. and I immediately went to sleep.  I think I was probably just dehydrated from flying and exhausted from getting up so early, but I felt slightly off for the next two days.  I had headaches, random stomach pains, and I was also having some braxton hicks contractions.  Because our case settled, I hopped on a Thursday afternoon flight instead to come home early and then I took Friday off to rest and take it easy.  I think working full time and being super busy, along with raising an active toddler and dealing with the stress of Frank losing his job, has taken a toll on me, and I need to remember that this baby in my belly is the most important thing and I need to take care of myself.

While I was gone, Frank converted Frankie's bed into a toddler bed, and he LOVES his "big boy" bed!  I was so nervous about making this transition, but it has been going great!  He still slept until 9:00 a.m. this morning without getting out of bed, and he went down great for his nap this afternoon too.  Fingers crossed that he will take a good nap and that this whole process will continue to go smoothly.  We are going to keep him in the toddler bed until we get baby Lily's furniture and then we will convert his bed into a full size bed and move him into his new room. 

1 comment: