Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Still a girl (26 week appointment)
We went back to the doctor again this morning for a follow-up ultrasound, glucose test, and OB appointment. I absolutely hate that glucose drink. It gave me a huge headache afterward. The ultrasound looked great--no more fluid in baby's kidneys, and baby is growing right on schedule. They estimated that she weighs 2.1 pounds already, which sounded big to me, but the ultrasound technician said that measurement is right at the 50th percentile for this point in a pregnancy. They also confirmed that the baby is still a girl, so that was reassuring! I gained a LOT of weight this past month, which I think makes sense considering how much tummy has also grown. But I did not like the number I saw on the scale this morning...hopefully the weight gain will slow down over the next couple of months. I wish I remembered how much weight I had gained at this point last pregnancy, but I just don't. I also talked to my doctor about my near-fainting incident, and she said that it is most likely due to low blood sugar or low blood pressure. She said that it is very common and did not feel too concerned about it, so I am going to try not to let it worry me either. Overally, everything looks good and we do not have to have any more follow-up ultrasounds. I go back for another appointment in four weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment