Friday, October 11, 2013
First dentist visit
I am so proud of my BIG boy for doing great at the dentist today! We decided it was time to take him to the dentist for his first check up a few months ago, and we have been talking about going to the dentist and showing him videos of the dentist to get him ready. I took him to a pediatric dentist and the dentist originally planned to do a simple examination while he sat on Mommy's lap in a special room (which she normally does for patients under 3 years old), but since he was so well behaved in the waiting area, she asked if he wanted to do a full cleaning in the big chair in the regular exam room, and he said yes! He was so good, his teeth looked great, and the ladies could not believe that he is only two years old. I am so proud of him! The dentist gave him a new toothbrush and toothpaste, and he was so excited to brush his teeth when we got home. Such a silly boy.
I took him to get his hair cut yesterday, and I was also amazed at how good he was for the hair stylist. He sat in the chair, held my hand, and smiled at himself in the mirror the entire time. He may drive me crazy sometimes, but when he behaves so well in places like that, I am reminded what a good little boy he is! People comment all the time that he acts so much older than his age, and I think that may be because he has developed so much faster than "normal" in a lot of ways. I am hoping he got most of the big tantrum, trouble-maker stuff out of the way already and that age three will be easier...although I know most Moms say it only gets worse after they turn three!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment