Today Lily is four months old. It is so crazy that she is already four months and that my maternity leave is almost over. We went to the doctor for her four month checkup this morning, and she is still a very petite , little girl. Her weight is 12 lbs 12 ounces (20%), her height is 24 inches (30%), and her head size was 15.5 inches (17%). She has grown pretty steadily since birth, so the doctor is pleased with her weight gain.
At four months, Lily is...
- wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. I had no idea what size she will be during winter this year, so I have bought a ton of winter clothes in size 3-6 month, 9 month, and 6-12 months just in case. This girl has quite the baby wardrobe, because I am completely addicted to buying baby girl clothes. They are so adorable, and I love that I get to pick them out and she cannot yet voice her own opinion.
- eating an average of 22 to 24 ounces a day, with four bottles during the day (every four hours) and one bottle at night. She is still taking her reflux medicine and still on Alimentum formula for her reflux issues.
- taking two good naps a day, usually a 2.5 hour nap in the morning from 9:30 to 12:00 and a 1.5 hour nap in the afternoon between 2:30 and 4:00. She takes her naps in the swing, and I am very worried about how they are going to get her to nap at day care, but I know they will figure it out!
- her night time sleep is very unpredictable. Some nights she sleeps from 8:00 to 3:30, wakes up and drinks a bottle, and then sleeps until I wake her up at 7:00. Other nights she wakes up much more frequently. Sometimes she rolls to her tummy and gets upset and we have to go roll her back over. Other nights she rolls to her tummy and sleeps that way all night. She is very unpredictable. The only thing that is somewhat consistent is that she is taking one full bottle almost every night in the middle of the night. I try to get her to eat more during the day to prevent this, but she refuses. So, for now, we are just going to keep trying different things and hoping that something works. We have tried to let her cry it out a few times, but I don't think she is ready for it yet. I do hope she gets better, because it will be very hard for me to go to work if she keeps waking up repeatedly at night.
- rolling over both ways, although she forgets how to roll from tummy to back sometimes. Constantly sucking on her hands. Loves to play with her feet and kick her feet. Making very cute gurgling sounds and laughing. Very, very smiley, and she has especially big smiles and laughs for her big brother.
Speaking of big brother, we went to the park yesterday and another kid was looking at Lily in her stroller while Frankie and I were playing on the playground. He saw the kid and yelled, "Hey, Kid, get away from my sister!" Then he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I am protecting my sister." It was so, so cute. He is absolutely going to be the most protective, loving big brother. She is one lucky lady to have him in her life.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment