Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Priceless

Tonight, Frank and I put Frankie to bed together.  This is something that we have never done before (which is hard to believe!), and the time we spent was so precious to me.  Frankie was so excited to have both Mommy and Daddy give him a bath and put him to bed.  I had a super long day today, waking up at 5:00 a.m. to go to the gym and having to stay at work late to deal with a last-minute client issue.  Frank had to pick up the kids, and I did not get home until 6:45.  I had to pretty much immediately get Lily ready for bed, and I had immense Mommy guilt over not making it to school to pick the kids up.  Frankie seemed to be mad at me (Frank always thinks I am imagining these things, and who knows, maybe I am), so I wanted to spend some extra time with him before he went to bed.  Even though he can drive me crazy sometimes, I sure do love my little boy so much.  I miss all the one-on-one time we used to share, and I am glad that we took the time to make him feel special tonight.  Seeing his smiles and hearing his sweet prayers for our family are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment