Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Visit with Grambo and Grandy

Grandy and Grambo just left today after a week-long visit.  Even though they were here for a week, the time seemed to fly by.  We are so busy since I went back to work, it seems like all the days just run together.  They kept both of the kids home from school a couple of days and got to spend some good quality time with them.  They also babysat one night so that Frank and I could go out on a date!  I feel like we have been better this time around about taking time for ourselves, and it is so refreshing.  We really appreciate all the times the grandparents have watched the babies so that we can go out!  Last night we took them to Hard Eight barbecue and had a great farewell dinner.  Lily had been fussy all weekend, so we were worried that she would have a big meltdown at dinner, but she was a perfect little angel.  She fell asleep on the car ride home, and then went down easily and slept through the night!  She also woke up happy this morning, so hopefully her mysterious fussiness is behind us.

This morning we were all rudely awakened by someone violently banging on our door and ringing our doorbell over and over.  Frankie woke up crying and screaming, and Frank ran to the door to find a policeman who informed us that the house behind us was on fire.  It was one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life.  The house ended up completely burning to the ground.  Luckily, no one was home, and no other houses were damaged.  I am so thankful that our family and our home is safe.

Here are some pictures from Granbo and Grandy's visit:






No comments:

Post a Comment