I always thought that my second baby would be so much easier. We have already been there, done that, so we should be armed with knowledge and experience to help us figure out what is making Miss Lily not feel good. However, she continues to stump me. I am having the hardest time figuring out what makes her fussy while eating. There have been several times during the last few months when she would have a few days in a row of fussiness and eating issues, where she wouldn't really be interested in her bottle. These little episodes always last a few days, and just when I am about to take her to the doctor to see if she has an ear infection or stomach bug, she snaps out of it and returns to "normal." Last week, she started refusing the bottle, having trouble during feedings, and occasionally throwing up complete feedings. She never had a fever, did not act fussy other than during feeding, and had no other symptoms of illness. Over the weekend she continued to resist eating (she did eat, just not as much as her normal), and then on Monday she threw up two more times. Apparently, she threw up at day care and it was PURPLE. Of course, I was very concerned when they told me this, and I took her to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor is stumped--her ears and throat looked great, so no ear infection or sore throat. It cannot be a stomach virus because it has already lasted more than 48 hours and it is not continuing. The doctor said, "and it does not sound like this is related to her reflux," and I interjected and said, well, I think it may be, because when she is resisting bottles, she will often arch her neck and back like she used to when she was first diagnosed. The doctor agreed and decided to try increasing Lily's dose of reflux medicine to see if that solves the problem. So far so good--she has not thrown up again, and she is eating better. But she is not 100 percent back to normal yet. I hope this works and she is eating normally and acting like her usual sweet self soon!
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment