Friday, November 1, 2013

Quick London trip!

Last weekend, my mom and I made a quick trip to London to visit Tyler!  I was very nervous about taking this trip, since it was only two weeks after I was set to go back to work.  I originally only wanted to go for two nights, but my Mom told me I was insane and convinced me to go for three nights.  I have to admit that she was right...we were so tired and jet-lagged, and if we had only been there two nights our trip would have been way too short!  It was so nice to get to spend a lot of time with my mom and my brother.  He is loving London, and I think this graduate program is absolutely perfect for him.  He is thriving and learning so much, and I am so proud of him.  We got to see his flat and meet a bunch of his friends, and we ate and drank our way through London in three days.  I missed my babies terribly, but I got to face time with them every night, and Frank really stepped up and did an amazing job taking care of everything while I was gone.  I love him so much for letting me go on this trip.

My Mom and I had both been to London twice before, so we did not really want to do too much "touristy" stuff.  We made a few plans, but we ended up bailing on most of them and just winging it.  Our first day was pretty low-key since we were so exhausted.  We checking in to our hotel around noon and then walked with Tyler over to his flat and met a bunch of his friends.  We later went to the first of many pubs for lunch and beer (for them) and champagne (for me!).  That night we met my friend Amy and her husband Tim for dinner at a nice restaurant in Chelsea.  I had not seen Amy since her wedding to Tim nearly four years ago!!  I couldn't believe it.  I chat with her often online, but I really miss her, and it was wonderful to see her.   On Sunday we woke up early to head to Buckingham  Palace and watch the changing of the guard.  It was absolute hysteria and we could barely see anything, but it was still neat to go and watch the parade of guards.  We walked through the beautiful St. James park and headed to brunch to meet some more of Tyler's friends.  After brunch we headed to the Royal Horseguards Hotel for afternoon tea with Amy.  It was quite the event, and my favorite part was the scones and clotted cream.  And of course the champagne.  After tea, we met my brother for dinner at the Jugged Hare, which was connected to our hotel.  It was a wonderful restaurant, and we had a great family dinner.  On Monday, the weather was horrible so we spent most of the day at Harrods and several various pubs.  It was a great little trip, and I am so glad that we were able to go.  I only wish that Allison could have come with us.  Here are some pictures from the trip:


















No comments:

Post a Comment